Monday, March 23, 2009

Correction To Boosters Wanting Pitino Back At UK!!


I need to make one correction to my earlier post, "Big Money Boosters Want Pitino Back At UK." In that post from last week, I stated that two of Kentucky's largest monetary supporters drove to Louisville to meet with Rick Pitino about coming back to UK. The conversation actually took place over the phone.

It may have been a misunderstanding on my part or a misstatement from my primary source, but either way, I take full responsibility for that factual error.

However, multiple sources once again confirmed to me today that my reporting of what was said during that conversation is 100% completely accurate.

I apologize for any confusion my mistake may have caused. As a journalist, I should have been more careful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about UK policy about not hiring family members?
So Richard would not make the trip?