Thursday, November 6, 2008

Still Trying To Figure It All Out


Several of you have been asking me if I plan to write a post regarding the election of Barack Obama as our next president. The simple answer is yes, however I do not know exactly when that will be.

So, as I try to get my head around this momentous occasion and come up with the appropriate words to express my feelings, allow the words of Langston Hughes to fill the void until I return.






I, too, sing America.


I am the darker brother.

They send me to eat in the kitchen

When company comes,

But I laugh,

And eat well,

And grow strong.


Tomorrow,

I'll be at the table

When company comes.

Nobody'll dare

Say to me,

"Eat in the kitchen,"

Then.


Besides,

They'll see how beautiful I am

And be ashamed--


I, too, am America.

-Langston Hughes

No comments: