Tuesday, September 2, 2008

UCF Sends Media Trying To Join O'Leary Teleconference On Amusing Detour



The following story could happen to anyone, and probably has happened to a few of us. So, I'm not dogging the UCF media relations person.

I just thought it was funny.

posted by Iliana Limón on Sep 1, 2008 4:13:52 PM

UCF's teleconference with Coach George O'Leary was canceled today and because school officials accidentally gave the number for a phone sex line instead of the teleconference number.


When I dialed in, the voice on the other line said, "Hi sexy, you've reached the one-on-one fantasy line." I gasped, hung up and figured I must have dialed the wrong number. So, I checked the UCF news release and dialed again, but I got the same phone sex hotline complete with offers I can't really post on this blog.


It turns out Leigh Torbin, UCF's new director of athletic communications, accidentally listed one digit incorrectly when he released the teleconference information and sent the media on an amusing detour. Torbin said he feels terrible about the error and set up another teleconference with O'Leary at noon Wednesday.

"Today's scheduled call was not able to occur due to my own technical mistakes for which I deeply apologize," Torbin wrote at the end of the latest news release announcing the Wednesday teleconference.


http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_college_ucf/2008/09/opps-ucf-sends.html

No comments: