Sunday, October 3, 2010

Kobe On Beating LeBron 1-on-1: "I'd Do That In My Sleep!"

Just before LeBron James was about to win his first NBA MVP award, I did an interview with Kobe Bryant for Lakers Live, in which I asked him who was the best basketball player in the world.  He gave me a very modest and politically correct answer talking about how great of a player LeBron had become through the years and that he likely deserved the MVP that season.

Being the seasoned reporter that I am, I quickly pointed out to Kobe that he didn't exactly answer my question about who was the best player in the world.  So I then posed a different question to the reigning MVP at the time.

Me:  "Who would win a game of 1-on-1 between you and LeBron?"

Kobe (without hesitation):  "Come on, man.  Me. All day long!"

There are some who still like to argue the point that LeBron is the best player in the world right now, despite him being able to reach the Finals in any of the last three seasons.  Of course, getting to the Finals is more about a team rather than a particular player.  Thus, we are back to the question I posed to Kobe two years ago about going head-to-head against LeBron.

And if even considered entertaining the thought that Kobe may have softened his stance on his ability to crush LeBron in a game of 1-on-1, check out this interview with Kobe during the Lakers current European road trip.





No comments: