Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Del Negro Has A Plan For The Clippers


I had my first opportunity Tuesday to meet and speak with Clippers new head coach Vinny Del Negro.  At the time of his hiring, I was on the road with the Angels and I missed his introductory press conference thanks to a very slow internet connection at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago.  Thanks anyway, FOXSportsWest.com.
 

But nonetheless, after Donald Sterling hired his new coach, I did my own research regarding Del Negro. I only knew of him as a player at N.C. State back in the 80's, and his short tenure as head coach of the Bulls.  In fact, prior to Tuesday, I had never even spoken to the man despite his two years in Chicago and his two previous years in the Suns front office.  Despite the NBA being somewhat of a small circle, paths don't always cross as often as you might think.
 

One of the things I really wanted to know was what happened in Chicago.  How does a coach who led a very young team to back-to-back playoff appearances get pushed out of town?  I mean, making the playoffs is supposed to be a success, right?

foxsportswest.com:  Del Negro Has A Plan For The Clippers




View extended interview with Del Negro here.

No comments: