Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manny Ramirez Issues Statement And Apology


The Major League Players Association recently released a statement regarding Manny Ramirez's 50-game suspension for using performance-enhancing drugs.

MLPA says that Ramirez will not appeal his suspenion.

Here's an excerpt from the news release.

"Manny has requested that the Players Association release the following statement on his behalf.”

“Recently I saw a physician for a personal health issue. He gave me a medication, not a steroid, which he thought was okay to give me. Unfortunately, the medication was banned under our drug policy. Under the policy that mistake is now my responsibility. I have been advised not to say anything more for now. I do want to say one other thing; I've taken and passed about 15 drug tests over the past five seasons.

“I want to apologize to Mr. McCourt, Mrs. McCourt, Mr. Torre, my teammates, the Dodger organization, and to the Dodger fans. LA is a special place to me and I know everybody is disappointed. So am I. I'm sorry about this whole situation.” – Manny Ramirez

“The Players Association stands behind Manny and will continue to support him in any way we
can.”

Be sure to check out Dodgers Live beginning at 6:30pm on Prime Ticket for the very latest on this story, including reaction from Dodgers executives, coaches and players.

No comments: