Friday, October 31, 2008

HOW KOBE BRYANT SPENT HIS SUMMER VACATION


Fox Sports WEST Debuts “Lakers Insider: Kobe Bryant - How I Spent My Summer Vacation” on November 5 at 10:30 PM

Los Angeles - In this edition of “Lakers Insider”, Fox Sports WEST follows the NBA’s reigning MVP, Kobe Bryant, in what may have arguably been his busiest summer to date. “Lakers Insider: Kobe Bryant – How I Spent My Summer Vacation” debuts on Wednesday, November 5 at 10:30 PM following “Lakers Live” post-game coverage of the Los Angeles Clippers at the Los Angeles Lakers.

In one 24-hour period, Bryant juggled his personal fitness routine and time with his family with a promotional appearance for his new Nike shoe, speaking at his annual youth basketball camp and playing in a friendly coach’s scrimmage game for the campers. “Lakers Insider: Kobe Bryant – How I Spent My Summer Vacation” is anchored by Fox Sports WEST and PRIME TICKET Reporter Michael Eaves’ interview with Bryant. Following is a sampling of soundbites from the show:

Whether Bryant was concerned his commitment to Team USA would affect his 2008-09 Lakers performance: “If this was a couple years ago, yes, yeah, a couple of years ago I would have had to put 35 points up in a game. I don’t do that anymore. I’ve got a lot of help. That concern is not there.”

On taking his family to Beijing: “I would love for my kids to see what greatness looks like from all across the board, from swimmers, to archers, to track and field.”

Why he enjoys interacting with the kids at his basketball camp: “For me, when I was a camper growing up, it was always about the interaction that I had with the professional players that came down, or the big time college players, and having an opportunity to ask them questions personally. Face-to-face interaction was more important to me than anything else.”

In addition to conducting a one-on-one interview with Bryant, Eaves provides voice over narration for the half-hour show, which includes footage from the youth basketball camp, the scrimmage game, viral videos of jumping cars and aquatic snakes, promoting his new Nike shoe, and promotional appearances with fans.

Following its November 5 debut, “Lakers Insider: Kobe Bryant – How I Spent My Summer Vacation” reprises on Saturday, November 8 at 10:30 PM; Thursday, November 13 at 10 PM; Friday, November 14 at 1:30 AM; Sunday, November 23 at 9:30 PM; Tuesday, November 25 at 6:30 PM; and, Wednesday, November 26 at 10 PM.

# # #

No comments: