- Louisville against Duke in the 1986 NCAA National Title Game: partially conceived in state pride, but there was just something about that freshman, Pervis Ellison.
- The Patriots over the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI: New England just didn’t seem scared of the Greatest Show On Turf.
- Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson: called the exact round.
- Bernard Hopkins beating Oscar De la Hoya: the Executioner seemed to take the fight personally.
- Stedman never marrying Oprah: money only goes so far, and it’s a short run when you have enough money of your own.
But as we edged closer and closer to the opening tip of Game One between the Lakers and the Celtics, I was having a hard time finding my trusty feeling. I had looked everywhere for it. Television. Radio. Internet. The back of the refrigerator. No luck. My trusty feeling was ghost.
Luckily, like coming across an old t-shirt or hoop earrings you misplaced three months ago, my trusty feeling found me. Nothing triggered it. It just appeared. Right there in my gut like all good--and bad--feelings.