Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Not Dead, But My Computer Is

Sorry for being away for so long, but travel has a way of cutting into my blogging time. However, my main issue as of late has been my laptop. It seems as though Vista is finally showing me what so many people have been saying about it. It's not a question of whether it will trip out, but rather when. Well, my when came just about a year after I purchased my first Gateway notebook. Can you say expired warranty?

So while the Geek Squad at Best Buy goes to work on my laptop, I will have limited access to my blog. Hopefully, I will get it back soon though, because I've got some stuff to say.

Until then...

UPDATE:
It turns out that the problem with my laptop was not Vista, but rather my hard drive.  Yeah, the hard drive on my Gateway notebook craps out just 15 months after I purchased it.  And more importantly, it crashes 3 months after my warranty expires.  I guess this is one time I wish I would have purchased the extended warranty.  Damn you, Gateway!  I should have known better than to have purchased a product that comes in a box featuring a cow-print design.

Anyway, my boy at Best Buy's Geek Squad tells me they should have my new hard drive and Windows software installed and ready for pickup by Friday night.

Wish me luck!

No comments: