Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tyler Honeycutt Declares For NBA draft


By Victoria Sun 
FOXSportsWest.com

The UCLA men's basketball team lost one of its key contributors on Monday when Tyler Honeycutt announced he would be turning pro.

The Los Angeles native said he made up his mind Sunday after talking with his family, advisors and coaches.

"We finished out on a good year, for the most part I finished strong and I'm pretty hot right now and I feel this year being considered a weak draft is a good reason to leave," Honeycutt said via a teleconference Monday afternoon. "The biggest factor that would keep me from going is the team next year and how good we could be.

"We could be a great team, but I feel like what's best for me is to leave this year."

Honeycutt averaged 12.8 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game as a sophomore this season for the Bruins. The 6-foot-8 forward led or tied for the team lead in rebounding in 10 games and shot 36.2 percent from 3-point range.


foxsportswest.com: Tyler Honeycutt Declares For NBA Draft

No comments: